Saint Charles Caritas, founded in March 2001 at Saint Charles Catholic Church in Imperial Beach, is run by volunteers committed to help charities who are basically poor located in Tijuana and Chula Vista by providing basic foods, cleaning products and basic necessities monthly.
The word Caritas is a Latin word meaning love, mercy, and charity.
100% of the money donated is used to buy these 3 categories mentioned above. We are all volunteers, and we have ZERO overhead costs, and there is NO administrative layer.
Our goal is to distribute $500 worth of food per month for each charity. All the representatives of these charities come up every 4th Saturday of the month to Costco, Chula Vista, and we purchase the necessary basic foods and some cleaning products.
The charities in Tijuana are run by nuns, and the one in Chula Vista is run by volunteers. The sisters In Tijuana can stretch the food we donate for 22 days out of the month. From time to time we visit them and check their needs, play with the children, and talk with the elderly. There are more than 400 people being cared for by these charities.
We are helping the following organizations:
Casa de Cuna – orphanage for children 1 to 6 years old
Santa Teresita – home for girls from 6 to 12 years old
Casa Eudes – home for girls from 13 to 20 years old
Asilo Beato Juan Pablo II – home for the elderly
Madre Rita – Home for Single Mothers
Jim’s Project: Homeless Help
Birthline – women’s resource center, helping young mothers
St. Charles Pastoral Charity Fund serving the homeless in IB
Announcements and Updates:
- Saint Charles Caritas May 2017 update
- Saint Charles Caritas June 2017 schedule
- Saint Charles Caritas schedule for May 2017
- Saint Charles Caritas Update for April 2017
- Saint Charles Caritas update 03-30-2017
- Saint Charles Caritas April 2017 Schedule
- Saint Charles Caritas Schedule for March 2017
- Saint Charles Caritas update for February 2017
- Saint Charles Caritas February 2017 Schedule
- Saint Charles Caritas Update 01-29-2017
For more information please contact: