The St. Charles Rosary Makers is an associate member of Our Lady’s Rosary Makers in Louisville, Kentucky founded by Brother Sylvan, C.F.X. in 1949. It was organized in the parish of St. Charles by the late Leo Kelly in October of 1981 previously known as the St. Dominic’s Rosary Makers Guild.
We are a crusade of volunteers who turn our spare moments to chain a world supply of rosaries mainly intended for the poor people around the world, but we also supply them to whoever cannot afford to buy their own rosaries.
Our goal is:
- Make rosaries and donate them to different ministries.
- Teach interested individuals to make rosaries using either cord, metal, or nylon fishing line materials.
- Make brown scapulars for distribution to the people interested in wearing them. July 16 each year is designated for investiture or enrollment into the Society in Honor of Our Lady of Mt. Carmel. This is done during the morning or afternoon Mass in our church.
- Spiritual enrichment of each member.
- Pray the rosary individually or with our families for world peace.
- Monthly Masses are being offered by generous benefactors for our members and our families.
Out of pocket money, bake sales, donation, and sale of non-mission rosaries, are the sources of income for the organization. Funds are used to acquire materials and defray mailing cost of rosaries sent to mission countries and the poor who cannot afford to buy their own rosaries.
Group meetings are held from 1:00 – 2:00p.m. every second Saturday of the month at Room 13 of St. Charles Parish.
For more information, please contact the Parish Office.