WELCOME TO ST. CHARLES PARISH!
Are you a registered parishioner? If you regularly attend mass at St. Charles, we encourage you to register as a member of our faith community. Registering in the parish is a declaration of your desire to be a part of the Catholic community and to make a commitment to the life of the parish. Stating your commitment brings many advantages, recognition and responsibility.
Registered parishioners receive all parish mailings. Registration significantly helps several parish processes, including: infant baptism, school registration, religious education registration, weddings and sponsorship for baptism or confirmation.
To register, please print out the form and mail it to the office, or fax it to 619-423-1966, or drop it in the collection basket at Sunday Mass.
WHAT DOES BEING AN ACTIVE CHURCH MEMBER MEANS?
Being an active church member means sharing more fully in the life of the church. Active church members choose to:
- Worship regularly.
- Witness and share God’s love in their lives.
- Serve God and neighbor responsibly and faithfully.
- Give their time, talent and money to further the church’s mission, locally and throughout the world.
WHY IS IT IMPORTANT FOR ME TO BE ACTIVE IN MY CHURCH?
- Because you are the Church! The Church is more than the building you worship in. The Church is people — the combined life of all who believe that Jesus Christ is Savior.
- Because as a follower of Christ, you are called to let your faith and your good works bring light to the world.
WHY SHOULD I BE MORE INVOLVED IN MY CHURCH WHEN I AM ALREADY COMMITTED TO CHRIST?
- Because each of us needs the help and guidance of other Christians in order to follow Christ. You deepen your bond with:
– Jesus Christ. Christ’s ministry belongs to the Church. This means Christ is alive and present in each Church member. Being an active Church member allows you to:
- Express more fully your commitment to Christ through worshipping and serving God;
- Anticipate more joyfully everlasting life with Christ.
– Christ’s Followers. Active Church membership strengthens your involvement with other members of the Church, and with potential members, too. It enables you to:
- Enrich your relationships with other people;
- Increase your opportunity to love and be loved in the same way Christ loves us.
– Love for God, ourselves, and one another.
THE BENEFITS OF ACTIVE CHURCH MEMBERSHIP INCLUDE:
- Personal growth that comes from basing your goals, priorities, and relations with others on your involvement with Christ.
- A sense of belonging, knowing you are a unique and contributing member in the faith community.
- Church growth, as a result of renewed Church activity, witness, mission, and service by active members.
- A sense of fulfillment, knowing you are carrying out your role as a Christian whether as a teacher, parent, counselor, church leader, choir member, volunteer or other lay person.
- Renewed purpose from the fact that, as a Christian, you are participating in a special mission and a destiny that goes beyond day-to-day living.
Spiritual joy – the talents and spiritual gifts of other active church members can be a joyous blessing to you. And, your gifts can bring joy to others!